Monday, August 31, 2009

Helping the Economy

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 16:

Today was my first lazy day in Delhi, as I'm trying to avoid getting burnt out. I woke up late and headed out with the girls to Select City Center, a western type mall in Delhi. If anyone is ever feeling homesick in India, this would be the place to retreat to. The 3 expansive floors were filled with shops... and again, I helped the economy here. I bought some Indian tops to wear back at my school, so the kids can possibly relate to me a bit more.

We had a great meal at an Italian restaurant. My grandma said I would be able to eat pizza here, and she was right! I realize that I did need a dose of back home, and am looking forward to returning to New York.

2 comments:

  1. we miss you! but more importantly, how was the pizza? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza was actually delicious! Thin crust Italian style with artichokes, and olives... my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete